New Age Rebel recognizes that our commercial practices have potential to impact on our suppliers and our community. As a socially responsible small business our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect:
- New Age Rebel acts in an ethical manner above and beyond basic legal requirements.
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by New Age Rebel are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights.
- New Age Rebel is committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code.
Code of Practice
This Code of Practice applies to:
- Staff directly employed by New Age Rebel on temporary or permanent contracts.
- Staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on New Age Rebel premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of New Age Rebel.
Employment Is Freely Chosen
- No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
- Staff are free to leave New Age Rebel after reasonable notice.
Child Labour Shall Not Be Used
- There shall be no recruitment of child labour.
- Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night.
- Young persons under 18 shall not be employed at night or in hazardous conditions.
Working Conditions Are Safe and Hygienic
- Adequate steps shall be taken to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, associated with, or occurring during work by minimizing, so far as is reasonably practicable, the causes of hazards inherent in the working environment.
- Staff receive health & safety information.
- Staff have access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
- New Age Rebel has a published Health & Safety Policy.
Living Wages Are Paid
- Staff pay rates are equal to or above the national legal minimum standards.
- Staff are given information about their employment conditions in respect to wages
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips detailing lawful deductions are provided for each pay period.
- Staff are given clearly understandable written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship and the respective obligations of the employee and employer.
Working Hours Are Not Excessive
- Staff are not forced to work in excess of 48 hours per week, a voluntary opt out agreement is available for those wishing to work in excess of 48 hours per week.
No Discrimination Is Practised
- There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion, and termination of employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Opportunities for personal and career development are equally available to all employees. No Harsh Or Inhumane Treatment Is Allowed
- Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.